Monday, October 1, 2012

A Little Archaeology

I realize that I haven't posted in over a month, dear reader, and I appologize. Seems like I haven't been staying true to my promises.

I got back from an archaeolocal dig on Mt. Rainier in mid-August, I stayed up there for five weeks and was a member of a crew that was excavating a Native American house site. I figured that the dig would either make me or break me when it came to archaeology, I honestly didn't think that I could stay in a tent for five weeks, but it turns out that it was easier than I expected, and the experience has changed the way I am, and the way I think. Make-up and clothes are fun but they aren't important any more, and I miss being able to look up and see the night sky so clearly, and if you know me, you'll know how much I love star-gazing.






A nice little frog that made itself comfortable on my tent


My first artifact!


What I saw every day on my way to the site



I was always covered in dirt


Ready for my first day!


My lunch spot. The mountain was covered in fog


Yes, I believe so...

No comments:

Post a Comment