Monday, October 8, 2012

The Art of Overcoming Fear

Tonight I seem to be a little ball of nerves and I can't seem to do anything but panic and worry about things that are going on in my life. I have nights like this, where certain things seem to do nothing but loom in my mind and make me uneasy and scared and in need of some kind of comfort. Tonight I had a comforting thought, that I believe was placed there by The Good Lord, and I feel that maybe I should share it and maybe it will help some one else out too.
-J

"It seems like our greatest fears are not the things that go on in the physical world around us, but are within us. The things that hold us back and make us weak are mere thoughts that float inside our heads. Nothing can hold us back unless we allow it to, it is only a matter of overcoming our fears and mastering ourselves that will lead us to conquer whatever we set our eyes on. We are each our greatest enemy but our inner strength is what we must rely on to overcome, and to see it through the day. Every day is a new beginning and a new challenge, and every day we must strive master ourselves in order to be strong. It is both a frightening and comforting thought to know that our fears lie deep within us, because in that sense they are a part of us but we can master them. That is how you master yourself; you must master your fears, because in the end – we have nothing to fear but fear itself."
-J. Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment